I was tagged by Liam at Hey Ashers! for the Blogger Aesthetic award when he first created this tag like, a trillion years ago. I finished the images ages ago, but it’s been sitting in my drafts because I never finished typing up this post. I still have a few recent tags to do, but I really think this one deserves to be finished. (And it was really fun to make, so there’s that). Thank you Liam for tagging me!
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favorite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
- Find inspiration by spending (minimum) three hours scrolling through aesthetic Tumblr posts relevant to you.
- Two great places to hunt for pictures are Pinterest and WeHeartIt. Pinterest requires an account; WeHeartIt does not.
- PicMonkey’s collage editor is free to use and doesn’t require an account, heck yes. YouTube has plenty of tutorials on how to use it; I watched this one (which begins with tips on how to find decent photos).
First off, it took me forever to find the right pictures that came together to form the right color scheme I feel represents me. So, as you can see, I prefer autumn colors and colder seasons. Those maroon pants are my fave.
I love museums, especially art ones, and especially the ancient Greek/Rome exhibits. And I love to take photos in them.
Books of course (Six of Crows yeaaah), also that’s a notebook beneath the book, because I love to write.
The top right is a picture I took in my church. Our building is old and has 52 rooms in it and I love how spooky it can be. On the day I took that, I got to roam all around it by myself and it was all quiet and empty and a biit creepy, but I love it (I’m the unofficial photographer for my church, I wasn’t just creeping (though I totally would have anyway)). That picture represents my love of spooky places/things, and that I love my church and it’s a big part of me.
I love walking trails outdoors, and I love exploring. The picture of the trail was taken in Edinburgh, Scotland, also representing my love of travel! The snowy picture where taken in Leeds, England, where I studied abroad in college, a place forever in my heart.
Also, my cat.
Rachel @ pace, amore, libri
Bridget @ Bridget & Books
Mandy @ Princess Book Reviews
(Sorry if any of you have been tagged before!)
And anyone else who might want to do this! It’s fun! Just tag me so I can see your beautiful aesthetic! And you don’t have to use your own pictures like I did, you can do whatever you like!