Thank you Hadeer at Hadeer Writes for tagging me to do this tag!! This one was fun- usually I spend too much time on my answers for tags so I tried to really stick to the “rapid fire” spirit of this one and just go with my gut answers. I really need to overthink less often.
Question 1: E-books or Physical Books?
Physical! I love ebooks when I’m traveling though.
Question 2: Paperbacks or Hardbacks?
Hmmm this is tricky, but I think overall I’m going to go with paperbacks, even though hardcovers can be so pretty. Paperbacks are just easier to read and I enjoy the feel of them more.
Thanks to Shanah at Bionic Book Worm for tagging me! I’ve fallen behind on tags, but this one looked like a lot of fun and I had the time, so I couldn’t resist doing it right away!
1 – THE BEST BOOK YOU’VE READ SO FAR IN 2017
This is hard!!! I’m tempted to name several, but I’m going to force myself to go with one, and that’s The Secret History. It was the very first book I read this year, and I did not mean to set the bar for every other book to come in 2017 but I guess I did. I ADORE this book. It excels in every category for me: writing, character, plot, general atmosphere of beauty and tragedy. It’s awful and fantastic and I’ll love it forever.
I was tagged by Liam at Hey Ashers! for the Blogger Aesthetic award when he first created this tag like, a trillion years ago. I finished the images ages ago, but it’s been sitting in my drafts because I never finished typing up this post. I still have a few recent tags to do, but I really think this one deserves to be finished. (And it was really fun to make, so there’s that). Thank you Liam for tagging me!
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favorite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
Thanks so much Hadeer @ hadeerwrites for nominating me for this tag! Go check out her blog, she’s really nice and writes really great and articulate book reviews!
- Mention the creator of the tag (Ayunda @ Tea and Paperbacks)
- Thank the blogger who tagged you.
- Choose one of the options, you don’t have to tell the reasons why you chose that but you can also do them if you want to.
- Tag other people to do this tag to spread the love!
This or That?
Reading on the couch or on the bed?
Couch during daytime hours because there’s more sunlight in my living room, and bed at night (because I’ll inevitably stay up too late reading and I don’t have to drag myself to bed if I’m already there).
I saw Birdie Bookworm do this tag on her wonderful blog, and I thought it looked fun so decided to go for it myself! There aren’t any rules, some fun questions.
Phase 1: Initial attraction: a book that you bought because of the cover
I distinctly remember being in a bookstore (Borders, RIP) years and years ago, seeing this book and immediately loving the cover. I found the summary interesting but I bought it because I needed to own such a pretty book. Luckily, it turned out to tell an amazing story! I love this book all around.
Thank you so much Stuart at Always Trust in Books for tagging me in this award! I love how creative the questions you posed are!
- Put the award logo/image in your post.
- List all the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people and notify them.
- Link back to the creator of the award.
- Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
3 things about myself
- I have a cat named Cookie Dough. My family got him for Christmas when I was 11 and I named him with inspiration from the Christmas cookies we’d been baking the day we got to bring him home. He’s 14 now and still going strong.
- My favorite food is ice cream. Nothing is better than ice cream, and it does not last long when I am around.
- I prefer being cold over being hot. Heat, and especially humidity, are my worst enemies.
Thanks so much to Birdie Bookworm for tagging me in this fantastic tag by Not-So-Modern-Girl! This is such a fun tag! Check out their awesome blogs for more of it 🙂
- Create your own listicle tag, using the prompt from the person who tagged you.
- Tag the creator of the post (not-so-modern-girl!) so that I can read all your brilliant posts and see how the joy of listicles is being spread.
- Nominate as many people as you want!
- Set those 5 people the subject/prompt of their listicle post!
Birdie’s listicle prompt was to name 5 exceptional book to movie adaptations!
I have to be honest, I’m not much a movie person, and I really haven’t seen many book to movie adaptations that I think have been super great. I am no seasoned movie reviewer. But I will list some ones that I love and that have stuck with me…so this will be more of a sentimental list.
But please, if there are any great movies out there based on books that you think are worth watching, please comment and let me know!!
Thank you so much to Sumaya at Sue’s Reading Corner for nominating me for this! I love tags, and this is very sweet of you!
- Display the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blog.
7 Random Facts
1. My favorite animal is a dolphin. I got to swim with dolphins a few years ago and it was probably one of the best moments of my life. Friends sometimes give me little dolphin knick knacks because “I know you like dolphins,” and I love every one of them (friends and knick knacks).
No one tagged but but ya know what, this looked fun and I do what I want 😀
A character’s appearance you misread or imagined differently.
There must be more, but the one that comes to mind is Peeves the Poltergeist from Harry Potter. I pictured him as like, a ghost under a blanket before I realized that he looked like a little man. I think there’s chapter art of him in Sorcerer’s Stone and that’s what set me right.
I’ve been reading through some book tags and thought they looked fun! Kinda just nominated myself to do this… 😀
Have you ever damaged a book?
I’m a little paranoid about trying to keep my books as pristine as I can while I read them…but it’s hard not to. I drop them. They get bent in my bag. Humidity rumples the pages. Once, my brother accidentally kicked wet sand into my book while we were at the beach. I wet them with my tears. I try to convince myself I like a warn out, well read book, but I have a thing for brand new, crisp and shiny, hot-off-the-press books, and every time I so much as slightly bend a page it pains my heart just a little.
Have you ever damaged a borrowed book? Continue reading