So I have like 23432380 tags people have nominated me for that I’ve yet to do, but instead of doing any of those, I guess I felt it was most important to do this cat tag that no one nominated me for. Uh. I just love cats.
Thank you Birdie Bookworm for tagging me for this Greek Gods book tag! She tagged me for this a while ago but better late than never, right? If you don’t know her, please go check out her blog. Birdie is lovely!! And she writes very entertaining posts and insightful reviews!
I was particularly excited for this theme of this tag, because I love Greek mythology. This one was fun 😀 Continue reading
It’s Friday, which means its time to get on my tags. Thanks Rachel for tagging me!! As always, please go check out her blog! She writes fantastic reviews.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions the person asked you –
(i)What’s your dream vacation?
A tour of all the world’s historical sites. All of them, every single one.
Thank you Hadeer at Hadeer Writes for tagging me to do this tag!! This one was fun- usually I spend too much time on my answers for tags so I tried to really stick to the “rapid fire” spirit of this one and just go with my gut answers. I really need to overthink less often.
Question 1: E-books or Physical Books?
Physical! I love ebooks when I’m traveling though.
Question 2: Paperbacks or Hardbacks?
Hmmm this is tricky, but I think overall I’m going to go with paperbacks, even though hardcovers can be so pretty. Paperbacks are just easier to read and I enjoy the feel of them more.
Thanks to Shanah at Bionic Book Worm for tagging me! I’ve fallen behind on tags, but this one looked like a lot of fun and I had the time, so I couldn’t resist doing it right away!
1 – THE BEST BOOK YOU’VE READ SO FAR IN 2017
This is hard!!! I’m tempted to name several, but I’m going to force myself to go with one, and that’s The Secret History. It was the very first book I read this year, and I did not mean to set the bar for every other book to come in 2017 but I guess I did. I ADORE this book. It excels in every category for me: writing, character, plot, general atmosphere of beauty and tragedy. It’s awful and fantastic and I’ll love it forever.
I was tagged by Liam at Hey Ashers! for the Blogger Aesthetic award when he first created this tag like, a trillion years ago. I finished the images ages ago, but it’s been sitting in my drafts because I never finished typing up this post. I still have a few recent tags to do, but I really think this one deserves to be finished. (And it was really fun to make, so there’s that). Thank you Liam for tagging me!
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favorite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
- Find inspiration by spending (minimum) three hours scrolling through aesthetic Tumblr posts relevant to you.
- Two great places to hunt for pictures are Pinterest and WeHeartIt. Pinterest requires an account; WeHeartIt does not.
- PicMonkey’s collage editor is free to use and doesn’t require an account, heck yes. YouTube has plenty of tutorials on how to use it; I watched this one (which begins with tips on how to find decent photos).
Thanks so much Hadeer @ hadeerwrites for nominating me for this tag! Go check out her blog, she’s really nice and writes really great and articulate book reviews!
- Mention the creator of the tag (Ayunda @ Tea and Paperbacks)
- Thank the blogger who tagged you.
- Choose one of the options, you don’t have to tell the reasons why you chose that but you can also do them if you want to.
- Tag other people to do this tag to spread the love!
This or That?
Reading on the couch or on the bed?
Couch during daytime hours because there’s more sunlight in my living room, and bed at night (because I’ll inevitably stay up too late reading and I don’t have to drag myself to bed if I’m already there).
I saw Birdie Bookworm do this tag on her wonderful blog, and I thought it looked fun so decided to go for it myself! There aren’t any rules, some fun questions.
Phase 1: Initial attraction: a book that you bought because of the cover
I distinctly remember being in a bookstore (Borders, RIP) years and years ago, seeing this book and immediately loving the cover. I found the summary interesting but I bought it because I needed to own such a pretty book. Luckily, it turned out to tell an amazing story! I love this book all around.
Thank you so much Stuart at Always Trust in Books for tagging me in this award! I love how creative the questions you posed are!
- Put the award logo/image in your post.
- List all the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people and notify them.
- Link back to the creator of the award.
- Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
3 things about myself
- I have a cat named Cookie Dough. My family got him for Christmas when I was 11 and I named him with inspiration from the Christmas cookies we’d been baking the day we got to bring him home. He’s 14 now and still going strong.
- My favorite food is ice cream. Nothing is better than ice cream, and it does not last long when I am around.
- I prefer being cold over being hot. Heat, and especially humidity, are my worst enemies.