Thank you so much to Sumaya at Sue’s Reading Corner for nominating me for this! I love tags, and this is very sweet of you!
- Display the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blog.
7 Random Facts
1. My favorite animal is a dolphin. I got to swim with dolphins a few years ago and it was probably one of the best moments of my life. Friends sometimes give me little dolphin knick knacks because “I know you like dolphins,” and I love every one of them (friends and knick knacks).
2. My favorite kind of food is Asian food. Honestly, I don’t need any other kind of food. But I’m also happy with just a plain bowl of white rice. White rice is one of my favorite foods ever.
3. I love boybands. I used to be OBSESSED with One Direction just a few years ago. And the Jonas Brothers when I was a teenager. Those times were fun and dear to me and I still carry a little 1D keychain on my car keys with no shame.
4. I have synesthesia. It’s not super uncommon, I think? It means that my senses are intermingled, particularly when it comes to associating things with color. Like, when I listen to music, the music has colors, texture, shapes, sometimes a flavor or smell. Every letter and word have colors (i.e. Gansey from the Raven Cycle = light green. So I tend to picture him wearing light green shirts a lot). Strong flavors have color. When I’m nervous I might feel purple. A headache usually feels blue. I didn’t realize this wasn’t a “normal” way of perceiving things until I was 16 and made some offhand comment to my mom that the letter K was pink, and she was like …..uh, what?
5. The first time I tried coffee I was 22 and had been hired as a barista, so I felt I should try what I was making all the time. I’m still not a huge fan, but I do like the occasional caramel latte. Tea is more my scene (particularly bubble tea).
6. I’m super shy. When I first started here I was terrified of commenting on other people’s blogs. When I was a teenager I would go full school days without speaking a word to anyone! I’ve overcome a lot of it as I’ve gotten older and it’s not nearly as bad, but I’ll always be one of the quiet ones. BUT when I do get to know someone, I literally don’t shut up.
7. I used to hide novels in my high school textbooks and read them during class. I probably would have gotten better math grades if not for this. Alas.
Birdie @ Birdie Bookworm
Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm
Danielle @ Books, Vertigo, and Tea
Holly @ Nut Free Nerd
Kate @ Reading through Infinity
Rachel @ pace, amore, libri
Jordyn @ Jordz The Bibliophile
Lucinda @ Lucinda is Reading…
Okay I’m gonna do 8 tags because like I said I’m shy. Feel free to ignore if you’d rather pass! And sorry if you’ve already been tagged or done it before! Though I suppose you could always do it again if you like. Most people have more than seven facts about themselves, probably 😉